Sunday, January 13, 2008

what to do what to do phase one of lumpy gravy

ok so the guy is coming tomorrow to measure the room for my new carpet and i'm so excited but i just realized i really should paint before it gets here but what color? the room is on the north side of the house so it stays cool and in the summertime it is a great place to hang out when the temps soar into the 100's. the carpet i ordered is called 'mystic haze' and looked very magical in it's tiny 3"x 6" sample piece at the carpet store. somewhere in the low purplish color range i think, although i get very confused with all of the choices so i hope when it gets here i like it.
so what colors to consider for the walls and ceiling that is the challenge. Help! i am putting it out into the universe to be considered.
meanwhile i have to empty the room of all that little annoying stuff that is everywhere, always overflowing from baskets...
it looks like the room just threw up. Blah!
stuff oozzes out and screams at me
" look at me"
and
"tell me again why i am in your life"

i get that one alot.

3 comments:

changapeluda said...

IMHO - i think nice lite green is a good color with magical purple.

:0]

kizam said...

green...hmmm...do you think i should paint the wooden door frame and door???? did you see the video? orfan49 on youtube is me.
thanks for your input , i'm going to get paint samples today from the carpet store.
decision making makes me crazy.

changapeluda said...

there are "white witches" that live in Halcyon (a little very strange place withinin Arroyo Grande/Oceano California)
i went to high school with a boy who lived there and whenever i went to visit his mom would Literally be boiling stuff up in a HUGE pot and stirring w/a big stick....her littlest girl Zinah once took me outstide and we were walking on winding stone path and Zinah started telling me something about this is where the so & so walks...her mother sushed her So Fast i knew something was Up if ya know what i mean. It didn't bother me, though, i dig stuff like that....Their walls to their music room were purple and greeeen!
afterschool one day i was up there w/Nils (cool name, huh?) playing w/a 12 string guitar when i noticed the walls...i remember being a teenaged snot when i asked,"who paints their walls green and PURPLE?!?" his mom who had been downstairs suddenly appeared and said,
"I Do."
in a put me firmly in my place tone.

:0]
i would definitely paint the wooden frame and the door. Purple with green polk-a-dots would be a bit much but i would still want to do it. oh and

re:your comment
thank you. i think it's funny that you thought the children made those angels when really it was me. I make them outta found objects and a mirror i broke and keep breaking (w/a long 2x4 so i don't cut myself)
kids make such innocent art
i honestly take it as a compliment
i really do and it makes me smile.

thanx again
:0)